P.A.U. Education, through its MOOCs & Co. initiative will be running a full day MOOC design workshop in Toledo on 15 September during the EC-TEL conference 2015. The workshop will be facilitated by Professor Steven Warburton from the University of Surrey and MOOCs & Co.'s Yishay Mor.
MOOCs and Co. provides a comprehensive design consultancy, working with you through the full cycle of identifying, scoping, designing, developing, delivering and evaluating your educational innovation.
In particular, the workshop will guide participants in the process of designing a MOOC using Design Scenarios, Narratives and Patterns (SNaP). The workshop uses an enhanced version of the Learning Design Studio methodology, which was originally conceived as a format for teacher training and has since been developed as a framework for blended an online courses, and professional development workshops. It draws on the outputs of the MOOCs design patterns project and the Metis project.
How might your company/organisation benefit from running a MOOC (or any other learning innovation)?
- Improve your internal professional development, providing your employees with an innovative learning experience while rationalising your training resources;
- Open up an innovative way of promoting your products and services;
- Foster and sustain professional communities;
- Experiment with new ways of communicating and sharing knowledge within and outside the organisation;
- Offer a service to a broader audience as part of your social responsibility agenda.
The workshop is FREE for EC-TEL conference 2015 attendees. You can also register here for a workshop daily ticket. EC-TEL 2015 is the largest European event on Technology enhanced learning and the perfect place to gain deeper understanding on MOOCs and other learning innovations.